1.16.2010

Hearken to LaCinda

Mom,

OMG I love the OT. I love it despite all the he laid with she, daughters marrying fathers, deceiving, killings, lyings, and such. I've already learned loads about the history of the Bible which has completely helped in understanding the modern conflicts here. Anyway, as I was reading Exodus 18 this week I couldn't help but think of you. Don't take this in a bad way but you are Jethro. I'm sure you're going to be quoting me in the next weekly email to the Elders but hear me out. Read the chapter and try to deny the fact that you wouldn't go to your inefficnet son-in-law and reorganize his way of doing things.

verse 14 "Why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even?"
verse 17 "The thing that thou does is not good."
verse 19 "Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel."

Anyway, it's just something to think about.

Went to the Wailing Wall this week for Shabbat. Pictures to come.

Love,

me

No comments: