1.18.2010

Western Wall



Mom,

Last week the highlight was the Western/Wailing Wall which is the holiest place on Earth for the Jews. Long story short, it's the last standing part of the temple mount built by Herod before it was destroyed by the Romans. We went on Friday night to ring in the Sabbath. As the sun sets the men and women gather in circles and chant/sing in Hebrew. The wall is separated by gender and you can go and put a prayer in the cracks of it. Quite a cool experience if I do say so myself. After I did that I got in this group of dancing females. It was pretty sweet. You aren't permitted to take pics but somehow I snuck some:) Enjoy.

Love,

me






Apparently no video is allowed along with the pictures. Oops:)

1 comment:

Stephen & Lauren Reber said...

Marian,
you will end up in an israeli prison soon...