1.05.2011

My Birthday

Dear Mom,

I'm not an uber-proactive blogger but I figure since I've been lying about my age for the past year I might as well do a post on my 24th birthday and update my blogger profile. I guess now I can start telling people I'm 25.

Annnnyway, last year on the eve of my b-day Twilight 2 aka New Moon came out and although I'm not a vampire aficionado I figured it would be fun to go to the midnight showing with friends. This year was 10x better though because Harry Potter 7 Part 1 came out. I started out buying 20 tickets but in the end purchased 48 thanks to Jerusalem people (with the intention that everyone was going to pay me back so no worries). Needless to say it was fun and we took up a big portion of the theater.

Enjoy the pics!
Love,
di


Below: This is a friend from Brazil who happened to be sitting behind me. It made me laugh because while we were there our group went to see Harry Potter 5. We had lighting bolts drawn on our foreheads and fake wands. I remember walking around the streets of downtown Sao Paulo dressed as Hermione saying, "Alohomora" and pointing my stick at people.
Some people got a little more into the dressing up. The closest I got was being swaddled in my snuggie. Last year I got a hot pink and leopard snuggie from two guys who didn't coordinate. Way random. But anyway, at New Moon I got up in front of the entire audience (surprise, surprise) in my snuggie and told everyone it was my dream to conduct the wave in a theater full of people and since it was my birthday I requested that they make it come true. Of course I had to do the same thing this year. Turned out well.
Last year....Maybe next year I'll be more mature but that's pretty unlikely.


No comments: